Date: Friday, March 18, 2016 | Category: Collective Agreement | Author: UniforAdmin
Subject to making their intention known to their Supervisor, an employee may elect to accumulate and take Compensatory Leave in lieu of overtime pay or pay for work performed on a scheduled day off or a General Holiday. An employee electing to accumulate and take Compensatory Leave in lieu of overtime pay must advise Payroll by Wednesday of the week following the week in which the overtime was worked. Should the employee fail to do so, they shall receive pay for overtime worked.
Compensatory Leave shall be subject to the following conditions:
- Such leave shall be credited at the same premium rate as the work performed (e.g. time and one-half, double time, triple time) times the number of hours worked. The foregoing shall apply only where such work is one (1) hour or more in duration.
- The total accumulation of Compensatory Leave under provisions of this Article shall not exceed five (5) working days at any time. Overtime incurred under the provisions of Article 30, shall be excluded from the accumulation of Compensatory time.
- Compensatory Leave may be taken at a time mutually convenient to the employee and the Company, but only after all outstanding earned vacation credits from the previous vacation year(s) have been consumed. Special circumstances, with reference to compensatory time usage, will be at the sole discretion of the Company.
- Such leave shall be taken in units of one-half (½) days or full days.
- Where an employee wishes to split the hours worked between cash and Compensatory Leave, such claims for leave shall be submitted in units of four (4) hours.