Date: Tuesday, March 17, 2015 | Category: Collective Agreement | Author: UniforAdmin
Union Representatives shall be entitled to leave without loss of pay to attend Union/Company Committee meetings as set forth in Article 13, subject to the following:
- Two (2) Representatives from Calgary and two (2) Representatives from Edmonton, plus the Local Union President for negotiations.
- Two (2) Representatives from Calgary and two (2) Representatives from Edmonton for Educational Trust Fund Meetings.
- Two (2) Representatives at each location for Grievance, Safety and Joint Consultative Committee meetings.
Union Representatives shall be entitled to a reasonable amount of leave, at reasonable times, without loss of pay, to discuss and process matters requiring immediate attention, to process any grievance and/or business arising out of the operation of this Agreement originating only at the Union Representative’s location.
The Company shall make a reasonable effort to ensure Union Representatives who attend negotiating meetings and arbitration/labour board hearings are not required to return to work if such meetings/hearings are not concluded by 13:00 hours on the day in question, subject to operational requirements and provided no overtime shall be incurred.
Leave without pay shall be granted for a reasonable period of time to a Union Representative in order to conduct Union business not covered by Articles 14.1 and 14.2 above, subject to the following:
- Approval for such leave shall be subject to the operational requirements of the Company and reasonable advance notice of such leave shall be provided by the Union.
- The Union shall reimburse the Company for such leave at the Union Representative’s hourly rate for the period of the leave or the cost of replacing the Union Representative, whichever is the greater.
- Such leave shall not exceed a maximum aggregate total of fifty (50) working days in any calendar year. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in a year when a Unifor National Convention is scheduled, the maximum aggregate total of days shall be increased by ten (10) to be used for the purpose of attending the Convention.
- Upon request by the Union, the Employer will provide leave without pay for two (2) representatives from Calgary and two (2) representatives from Edmonton, plus the Union President, for a period of three working days for the purpose of pre-negotiation meetings.
“Union Representative” shall be defined as any Union member duly appointed by the Local Union Executive Board to carry out the business of the Union. Where in the case a part-time is appointed to the negotiating committee, both parties understand and agree that the part-time employee shall be compensated for an 8 hour shift.
For the calculation of averaging, it is agreed that the appointment of the part-time Union Representative shall be excluded only from Articles 4.3 and 4.6.3 while on Union Leave for Union negotiations.